My name is Dave Denniston, your host. Welcome back to the latest episode of The Freedom Formula for Physicians Podcast.
Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
My friends, in this show, I try and dig deep to find interesting people. As a matter of fact, our previous guest Physician on Fire had a guest post from OB Doctor Mom on his website that I thought was great!
The title of the post is “Retired from Medicine at 37: The Finances Behind Her Decision”
Our next guest is the author of that post. She is a newly retired physician at the tender age of 38, an OB/GYN by training of course. She was recently added as a regular contributor to Doximity through The Doximity Fellows Program.
She says that she retired for a few reasons, one due to a health scare and the other to spend more time with her precious 3 kiddos.
Anyhow, I can’t wait to hear about her journey and her advice for us!
Please help me welcome Valerie from OB Doctor Mom. Welcome Valerie!
In this podcast you will:
- Learn who was the biggest influence in her life regarding finances (Hint: You will be very surprised)
- Discover the efficient ways that Valerie paid off her student loans
- Acquire ways to start educating your children on money and finances
- Gain knowledge and tips on how to save enough to retire at an early age
- Find out how she handled the decision to give up her passion for medicine to retire and spend the time with her children.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Transcription Fall 2017