Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
This show is not always about actionable content. It is, however, a chance for you to see behind the curtains, to walk in another person’s shoes and experience their lives.
This episode we are chatting with Landon Roussel, a physician, and podcaster who was born in Louisiana. Landon will be talking about his origins, the financial support he was given to attend medical school, the requirements for the loan that he received and his experience of being an employed physician.
Landon’s Direct Primary Care Podcast (DPC) is a podcast focused on a new and innovative model of healthcare. Once thought to be a practice only for the wealthy, DPC is now spreading across the country and becoming available to all as a more feasible, sustainable and happier model of care delivery.
Please help me welcome Landon Roussel, Welcome Landon!
In this podcast you will:
- Access the information on financial support the government provides for students of medicine.
- Discover the reason that Landon bought land and what he is doing with it that will save him money long term.
- Learn it is like to work at hospitals and why Landon would rather drive Uber than be a physician.
- Learn why Landon thinks that people are addicted to insurance companies and how it has effected the growth of his business.
- Acquire how Landon started his business and how he charges his clients for care.
Resources mentioned in this podcast: