Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
Our next guest is a board-certified anesthesiologist working both in academic/private hospitals in Los Angeles. She is an entrepreneur, an author and a mother of two and a wife. Where does she find the time?
In an attempt to raise money for her start-up, she accepted the challenge and opportunity to compete as a castaway on the hit reality TV show Survivor. She was on the hit TV show during season 5 of Shark Tank.
Edna has written three children’s books which celebrate cultural and racial diversity.
Outside of the operating room, Edna attempts to balance work, life, and being mother/wife. I bet she has some tips we all could use for work-life balance.
Please help me welcome Dr. Edna Ma!
In this podcast you will:
- Learn Edna’s different views on debt from residency to now.
- Discover her influences on money and how her unique childhood affects how she handles money today.
- Acquire her view on what financial freedom is to her and her family.
- Learn how creatively juggled her anesthesiology career and her side hustle.
- Find out why she calls her Survivor experience “creative financing!”(HINT: You won’t believe this story)
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
We are happy to announce that Edna wants to send a free book to an audience member! All that you need to do to be entered into the drawing is go to iTunes and fill out a review of any of our podcasts. Click here to go to iTunes. Then you will need to click “view in iTunes” to get to the ratings and reviews section. Thank you in advance and good luck!