Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
This show is not always about actionable content. It is however a chance for you to see behind the curtains, to walk in another person’s shoes and experience their lives.
Our next guest responded to an e-mail I sent out. He is generous enough to share with us his journey and his wisdom.
He is a pediatrician. However, I’m guessing he hasn’t always wanted to be a doctor. He got his undergrad at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and then took classes in theology at the Lutheran School of Theology. He took a couple of years off and then pursued becoming a DO and a doctor.
Years later- he shared with me that he is finishing steps of a buy out to the regional medical corporation.
Please help me welcome Dr. Gary Snead.
In this podcast, you will learn from Gary:
– Why he went into theology school before medical school (& how it had a positive outcome on his career)
– How his delay in paying his student debt ballooned his balance from $30k to over $100k (Hint: He went to school in the 80’s)
– How 2 of his medical school classmates grinded through medical school and paid off debt while they were there
– His inspirational life advice to residents & fellows
– How Gary wrestled with his money and the decisions he made which changed how his money was managed
Resources Mentioned In This Podcast:
TRANSCRIPTION AVAILABLE- 7/2016